Hawaiian Bone Fish Hook Necklace How Can I Mend Two Broken Pieces Of Bone Jewelry Together?

How can I mend two broken pieces of bone jewelry together? - hawaiian bone fish hook necklace

I have a necklace of Hawaiian fishhooks from bone age is real. Unfortunately, he broke into the top of the curve, where the chain connects to believe that there is a weakness. What is the best way to repair the parts where it could withstand a lot before it breaks again? I still think using an adhesive such as epoxy, but I think there is a better way to get, so to extend the life of this chain.

I love this song and I (a) for an extended period, as a part of me. It is therefore of great sentimental value. I hope to use again. All suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

5 comments:

Rich Z said...

Try one of the queues, if crazy, dissemination and celebration of the two parts together.

Paul L said...

Put it in a cast of three months? (Sorry, I could not resist)

I have no experience with bone jewelry, but I have some alphacyanoacrylate (superglue) adhesives together contain almost anything. I would say that the bone is a porous material be so sure, put a super-adhesive for porous substrates - usually use a little thicker than normal things.
Using tweezers, toothpick in order for the cement industry. After a bottle of acetone (solvent in the paint) on the hand "take off" things if necessary.

Rangefin... said...

I spoke with a jeweler to ask their opinion about how it could be repaired. If they say they can do, ask them which method is used.
then you can probably do the same.

I would also say that a good brand of superglue, which was not long been on the platform when in the right direction, used from the manufacturer is not shown. It ties the hands .. and I am sure he will be a good framework. Remember not to use too much. Follow the instructions.
Good luck

Rangefin... said...

I spoke with a jeweler to ask their opinion about how it could be repaired. If they say they can do, ask them which method is used.
then you can probably do the same.

I would also say that a good brand of superglue, which was not long been on the platform when in the right direction, used from the manufacturer is not shown. It ties the hands .. and I am sure he will be a good framework. Remember not to use too much. Follow the instructions.
Good luck

MJ said...

I like Gorilla Glue. We publish everything, and the improvement of articulation. Be sure to read and address are applied to one side with a toothpick so as not to suffer too much. Wipe off excess before it dries.

Post a Comment